The Comfy Maxi

Well... spring break is officially over for me. It's back to reality. It was wonderful while it lasted, but I wasn't as productive as my to-do list demanded. Instead I spent my days in the company of those I loved.  There are still things on my to-do list (and probably always will be) but I soon came to the realization that sometimes life is about investing in people not things. Sometimes the to-do list of things can wait because people can't. Time is a precious, unforgiving thing. You can always count on it to come and go with the blink of an eye.

Just as time comes and goes... Spring is here! Like the newness of a marriage, within it lies so much warmth and new growth. The old passing away with the emergence of new life. There is hopefulness in all that the new season offers. I love it for so many reasons... the daylight brings new energy, cookouts and picnics find their way into our weekly schedule, and outdoor adventures takes precedence over the ever growing pile of house chores. 

These pictures were taken beside our home. We are fortunate to have dairy cows and spring peepers as our neighbors.  :) My heart is happy within the mountains of North Carolina. Nothing beats front porch sitting, sweet tea drinking, and watching the sunset fade into them. Welcome spring. Welcome.








T-shirt: Old Navy / Skirt: Tj-Maxx / Shoes: Target / Belt: F21 / Bracelet: Pandora / Earrings: Gifted
Linked up with The Pleated Poppy.

Comments

Melaina25 said…
I don't think I've tried a maxi skirt before!

Hope to see you linked up at What I Wore Wednesday Just grab the badge or link and comment and you're good to go!
List Addict said…
Simple elegance is what I see here. Looks great. And what a nice place to live by how you tell it. Love a skirt with pockets. Pockets rule. Thanks so much for sharing.
Unknown said…
this is my kind of outfit. casual but classy. and i'm a fan of the front porch sitting myself:)
Amanda G. said…
I am in love with your skirt. Comfy and with pocket and that great color?! Yes, please. Love how you've styled it, too. :)

Popular Posts