10.22.2012

Empire State of Mind

A few years ago some of my girlfriends and I decided on a whim to take a trip to New York City over Thanksgiving. It was quite the adventure watching three college girls tackle the concrete jungle.

We walked 30 blocks carrying our luggage. Did you catch that??? Now... New York blocks are NOT Taylorsville blocks. By the time we got to our hotel, we were ready for a nap. They scaled the streets of Chinatown looking for deals while I carrying my switchblade close by. (no joke) I came prepared. :) We watched the Macy's Thanksgiving parade. I found my wedding dress. *sheesh* We toured Sex and the City hot spots, drank frozen-hot chocolate, and of course had cosmos. We ice-skated in Bryant Park, and watched them put up the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center.

We had the time of our lives! We enjoyed one another and took in the awe of such a spectacular city.

I have been dreaming of going back ever since.

Saja Boutique 
Tourists in Time Square.



The infamous frozen-hot chocolate at Serendipity's that we waited 3 hours for.
Chels at Grand Central Station.

No comments: