6.22.2012

I found this tutorial on this beauty and had to have it.
I made my own version with some earrings to go with it!
 



Do you remember my bird pillows?? Well... I am a little OCD and wasn't completely happy with them. Had I not been in such a rush to get them done then they might have turned out better. I have been racking my brain to re-do the pillows. I finally came up with an idea the other day. Here is how they turned out!
The bird pillow that just didn't suit my fancy.
Pulled off the birds.

I used a lace trim as the flower.
My strips of lace measured 32 inches long. Form the beginning circle making a hand stitch along the elastic strip as you circle. *Note* Play with the lace first to get the size of flower you want before you start stitching.
Lace flower is complete, but it was missing something in the middle.
I had made this flowers for baby headbands and laid one on it to see what look it would give.

Added a lace flower with a gem embellishment. I love how they turned out. The lace compliments the linen well.

It's summertime!! Which means fresh flowers so picked some hydrangeas and weeds. I love wild flowers.

We're off sailing the high seas tomorrow so I won't be posting. Happy VACATION!

1 comment:

Lissa @ The Looking Glass said...

these are AWESOME! i loooovee the necklace! totally pinning it to pinterest! found you via the link up and am excited to follow along xo