2.06.2012

Time Constraint

I must govern the clock, not be governed by it.
Golda Meir


 Where does the time go??

Aren't we all asking this question? We can all remember when our years in school went by as slow as a snail. When it felt like our birthday and Christmas were years away, and our summer vacation was gone after one blink.

The grown-ups would always talk about how time would fly when we got older, and we just needed to enjoy being a kid. I couldn't stand hearing it.

Well... now I am older, I am realizing- time is NOT on my side.

By the time I get off work, cook supper, clean up, throw in a load of laundry, I am dead. I have no energy left. Friday nights I crash from a week of work. Saturdays are for cleaning and running errands. Saturday nights we have Bible study. Sundays we go to church and I finish school work from the week before and work on the week to come. Then I am back to square one. 

It's a balancing act between your spouse, family, friends, job, a clean house, a million to-do lists, etcetera. etcetera.

No matter how hard I try, I feel as though I am always letting people down because there isn't enough time to get it all done.

I feel guilty when I don't call good friends to catch up. I feel guilty when I spend my hours at home cleaning rather than with spending quality time with husband. I feel guilty that I don't have people over often to enjoy fellowship. I feel guilty that I am not as fun as I used to be because I fall asleep at 9:00.

Is this what "grown-up" life is like? Because I am not liking it. I am loosing myself in the time I don't have.

I am in need of a solution. Any suggestions?





No comments: