2.11.2012

8th "Love Day" Together

As Valentine's Day approaches, I thought I would share the story of how Brandon and I came to be.

Brandon and I went to high school together. We knew one another prior to dating. We even had a few classes together.

We had two classes our junior year. First semester we had Pre-Calculus. We flirted a little, but Brandon was a little too nerdy for me, and he had other interests at that time. I went for the "bad boys" and Brandon certainly wasn't that. 

In December of that year, my grandmother had passed away. I had missed a day of school to attend her funeral. When Brandon realized why I had missed class, he wrote me the sweetest note I have ever received. He wrote me a short letter about the recent passing of his grandfather. Looking back on the letter I can tell he took his time writing it because I have yet to see his handwriting that neat! :) It was a small letter to console me during that time of grieving. He ended the letter with this scripture:

"Take unto you the whole armor of God that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day and having done all, to stand." Eph. 6:13

I kept the note, and I have it to this day.

Nothing ever came from the note. I expressed gratitude towards his kind words.


Fast forward about two months. It was the second semester of Junior year, and once again we found ourselves in class together. Chemistry class. (Ironic, I know.) 

It was the first year I could attend prom without being asked. I had decided to go with a girlfriend whether we had dates or not. As the year went on, that plan fell through. I had made up my mind that I wasn't going to go.

Brandon and I continued flirting through chemistry class.  He and one of my friends made a conspiracy to hook one another up with the others' friend for prom. Brandon was to get her to go with one of his friends, and she was to get him to go to prom with me. Needless to say, I knew Brandon was going to ask me to prom. I had made up my mind that if I was going to go then, I wanted to go with someone that I would have fun with. So when he finally did (which took longer than I thought) I had decided I would play with him a little. When he asked, I responded with "Well... I wasn't planning on going to prom." You could hear a pin drop! Then I finally said, "But... I'll make an exception for you." I'm sure he probably pooped his pants. Poor thing. We began dating a few weeks later, and the rest is history.

We just celebrated 7 years together the other day, and we are celebrating Valentine's Day for eighth year. I am so blessed to have had this man play such an important role in my life. And I look forward to many more "love days" to come!

1 comment:

aPearantly sew said...

You guys are so cute. I loved reading this story! :)