1.21.2012

Reuse Part 1

As most, Brandon and I are on a budget. We can't just up and buy a new table or dresser when we want to. Most of the things in our house have been used, given to us because someone else didn't want it, or was in the house. I like change in my scenery so I change around things in our home often. I do throw a lot of things away because I cannot stand clutter! BUT I recycle, so don't worry.  Just as I am ultimate "throw-awayer"; I am also the ultimate "re-user"!

Here are a few things that I have managed to find a new use for!!
Just a hallway table?
Nope. It's an antique sewing machine! It was Aunt Alma's. Someone had cut the electrical chord, but I couldn't just throw it away. It's a Singer!
Just a bedside table?
Nope. This is another antique sewing machine! This one somewhat works.
Just an antique suitcase? Nope. I bought it at Goodwill. I have used it in many travels, but now it stores extra blankets and resides in my living room!


Speaking of change... I changed the blog again! I know, I know. I should just leave it, but like I said, "I love a change of scenery!" Here's a picture of beautiful scenery.

Beautiful sunset in front of our house.
p.s. I added more pictures of our house to Our Humble Abode. Go check it out!!

2 comments:

aPearantly sew said...

I love the new blog look! I also love that first sewing machine. I think it belongs in my home ;)

aPearantly sew said...

Also, why in the world would someone cut the electrical cord?!!!! That's insane.