12.18.2011

the merry "making" season

Just wanted to let you in on some of the things I have been making over the past few weeks!
  • bead boxes- revamped style
  • jewelry
  • Narnia in a box
  • paper flowers
  • Best of all- the ugly Christmas sweater

I needed something to carry my beads in for my jewelry, and of course I have to go with something more than a plastic box. I bought this wooden box at hobby lobby with a coupon (my husband is so proud) for $4. I used some old paint I had around the house, and buffed it up to look distressed!! Here is how it turned out!







Here are some pieces of jewelry I have made.






I have been reading The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe with my students for the past two weeks. They have absolutely LOVED the book! I assigned one reading group a project to build Narnia inside a wardrobe. Other students overheard, and jumped at a chance to make their own! When I realized they were so excited about it, I decided to create my own! The only thing I bought for mine was the lamppost. Everything else I had!





 I spray painted to box with some bronze spray paint we had to make it look a little nicer.

You can't really tell in this picture, but there are Christmas lights that are punched through the canvas to create a starry night look.  This is not the finished product because I have a rod with "clothes" and hangers, but I was to excited to get it to school to get any pictures. I will update with some of their projects when they bring them in! Let's just say, I am SUPER excited to see what their little minds will create!




I saw this picture of a newspaper flower on pinterest and just had to recreate it!
Mine isn't as fluffy. But considering I was using old crinkled up packing paper, I think it turned out pretty good!

Lastly, Brandon and I were invited to an ugly Christmas sweater party. We didn't get to celebrate Halloween this year because of a wedding, so we used this as our Halloween. Sorry I don't have any before pictures, but here is how they turned out.

Let me warn you: WE ARE DRESSED TO IMPRESS! :)

My mob husband with slicked back hair.
I bought my sweater at the local Salvation Army. It's not technically a Christmas sweater, so I dressed it up! I found these light-up fire figurines (that I prayed would work)  and a cutie-pie pig! I already had an extra lamp post from Narnia and the trees. I created my own little scene on my shoulders. The stocking was from the $ tree. I hot-glued that bad boy on there and stuffed him with many kisses to give out at the party!! Please excuse the closeup. I am not one for pictures, let alone a closeup, but I really wanted you to get the full effect. Oh, and did you noticed little piggy enjoying the warm fire!! :)

1 comment:

Ms. Fox said...

hahahahaha I LOVE everything in this! You are SO creative! And the Ugly Christmas Sweater ...wow! And I thought MINE was bad. You got it girl, hands down.