12.01.2011

give me your love for humanity

 

There are times in our lives where we find ourselves asking, why? This happens to be the season of my life right now.

My mom always said, "when it rains, it pours." Look at how true this statement is. I feel like when life is going good, it is so good, and when life is bad, it can be so bad. Why does it always work out that way? When a mother looses her son at the same time she finds out her husband is having an affair (true story). Why?! I just don't have the answers.

I would like to think that "life" happens to give us a purpose. A purpose to focus on someone that we really tend to push to the curb. How many of us find ourselves praying more and praying harder when times are tougher? I am guilty, I admit. 

The past few months have been a struggle with certain relationships. I have found myself saying things I immediately regretted. I found myself letting my emotions take over my brain. Honestly, I haven't ever truly struggled mentally or emotionally. Do I cry? Just ask my husband. I cry too much, but it is my release. When I have finished sulking, (for the most part) I am ready to move on. I don't have the lingering bitterness, hatred, and fear. I don't know what it is like. I can't identify with these people. I just get over it. I always had the attitude: it's life. There are situations we will never be able to control, so why try? There are things we will never be able to change! It is just life

In these broken relationships, I haven't been able to find the answers. I don't know how to act. I don't know how to relate. I don't know the right words to say. I don't know how to make it right. Trust me, I REALLY want to. I want healing for them as well as myself.


So... this is my prayer.

I swear I never thought that I was wrong
Well I want a second glance
So give me a second chance
To see you the way you've seen the people all along

Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me you heart for the ones forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see




I hope peace and understanding will come.

2 comments:

melissa said...

beautiful!

and the blog looks awesome!!!

hope to see you soon:)

Anonymous said...

miss joni... you make me proud to have taught such a beautiful, heart-felt young woman...