12.23.2011

the gift of life

Yesterday a little miracle arrived in the world at 10:08 am. She is a small little nugget, weighing only 6 lbs 6 oz. My younger sister had her first child, which makes me an auntie x's 3.
Harmony BriAnna


One of the greatest feelings in the world is holding a sweet newborn baby. There is something about the newness, the baby smell, the innocence of newborn that captures your heart. Her life and very existence is a gift from our God above. I have many prayers for my nieces and nephews, but most of all I pray they find happiness in their lives.  Happiness heals, forgives, and gives love. It is the healing stone to life.

A sweet friend of mine sang this song at my wedding. And it is fitting for the occasions in our lives when we send up our prayers for our children.

In the season of giving and receiving, what better gift to receive than the gift of life. And that is something we all have.

And just to give you a heads up: my older sister is expecting in February, and Brandon's sister is expecting in May! Babies, babies, babies! I know what you're thinking...and I am NOT jumping on THAT bandwagon! Instead, I have decided that I will focus my attention on being the favorite auntie! Once I have that down pat then we'll consider our own. :)

1 comment:

aPearantly sew said...

Harmony is adorable! And I agree with you, there is nothing quite like holding a sweet little newborn baby. Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas! :)