11.11.2011

Trash 2 Treasure

As most of you already know, I LOVE to make things! I LOVE to refurbish things!! I LOVE to see the beauty in things that most would throw away. I LOVE the finished product of my hard work. And I LOVE to make things my own.

We were lucky enough to inherit this house from Brandon's great-great aunt. It took a lot of elbow grease, blood, sweat, and tears. TRUST ME!! We spent roughly 6 months whipping it into shape. I couldn't be happier with the way things turned out! One day I will post what few before pictures I have. But in the meantime of working on the house, we neglected our detached garage. A year later, my husband and in-laws took a day off of work to clean it! With many years of piled up junk, it became hard to walk in there. Here is their finished piece.


Back to my trash 2 treasure and refurbished things... Brandon's dad was on his way to the burn pile with these two beauties before Brandon stopped him because he knew I would want them. My husband truly DOES know me! :)


One day they will be primed, repainted, destressed, and placed in my home!

p.s. I have been in that garage many times, and I never noticed them if that tells you just how much junk was in there!


Oh... and today I have been crafting Christmas decorations and Christmas presents for my nephew and nieces!

Here is a sneak peek of my recreation of an Anthropologie snow globe. And mine was MUCH cheaper, and that's how I like it!





Happy Friday and Veteran's Day!

1 comment:

aPearantly sew said...

These are ADORABLE! I love them!