11.02.2011

Gratefulness

As the seasons change, so do the holidays!

Tis' the Season to be Jolly and GRATEFUL.

As Thanksgiving and Christmas approach, I am trying to make a conscious effort to be more grateful for the wonderful life I have. Too often, I find myself looking at the glass half empty. Terrible, I know. It seems easier to give in to the pitfalls of life than appreciating the goodness around us.

Our lives and our world is full of goodness. And this holiday season, I am taking advantage of it!!

some things I am thankful for:
-caring, helpful (hottie-tottie) husband :)
-family- even with all our craziness
-true friendships that give encouragement during those times you need it
-Our God given talents- we all have them, but are we all using them? I want to start utilizing mine.
-learning life's lessons through the eyes of my wise grammal
-having new beginnings, new challenges, and new experiences
-being able to sleep through the nights (apparently, this one really is a gift because my husband is constantly reminding me of how lucky I am to fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow)
-not "really" worrying about finances
-daily showers
-sweet cuddly puppy

I put up a banner in our living room as a reminder of the gratitude I need in my daily life.


I was also in the festive spirit for a new wreath. I made this one out of dyed coffee filters.

What are you grateful for this season?

1 comment:

melissa said...

love the banner and the wreath...and your heart! you are precious.
have you read 1000 gifts by ann voskamp? if not, do...it's so so good. totally changed my perspective on daily life and what i focus on. not that you need that or anything. its just a great book about being thankful:))))