7.26.2011

Redeeming Love

a few weeks ago, i finished one of my favorite books for the second time! Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers is a wonderful love story that portrays the love and mercy of our God in human form. 

many years ago my sister handed it down, and informed me i should read it. **note: the book is 464 pages (which was quite a daunting task for me at that time). i read it nonstop and LOVED every moment of it. if you are looking for a book that will touch your heart and teach forgiveness, this is the book for you!

since i am really terrible at giving too much information; i am going to sum the book up in with a note from the author herself. she felt compelled to write it after reading the book of Hosea.

"His (Hosea) story, a deeply moving story of His passionate love for each of us- unconditional, forgiving, unchanging, everlasting, self-sacrificing- the kind of love for which most people hunger their entire lives, yet never find." - Francine Rivers

 i desire this love. i desire it not only for the love of my husband, but my family, my friends, my co-workers, strangers, and most importantly my God. i hope you will enjoy it as much as i did!

   photo credit: francinerivers.com

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Thank you Joni! I am always looking for a good, inspirational book to read. I hope to receive the same blessing! Love ya!