although, brandon and i have dated for quite some time now, it is established that we are/have made the commitment to one another for a lifetime. it is the official ending of our single life and the beginning of our life together as two become one. i have waited for this day to come for years. now, that it has arrived i just want to bask in the splendor of it all.
there will be no more:
- awkward conversations with guys trying to get to know me
- awkward first kisses when you don't know which way to turn your head
- meeting the parents and extended family (which thankfully was a breeze for me)
- doubts wondering if he is really in to this relationship
- doubts wondering where the guy of my dreams is
- or if marriage is even in the cards for me
- first time farts and all the disgusting habits of the male species
- my mom asking, "is he a CHRISTIAN?!"
- and the list goes on and on as we all know
it was a special moment in our lives that was shared with people near and dear to our hearts. brandon's family had been in on the plans the whole time. although, i didn't want to be proposed to in front of a huge audience, we did have just the right amount of people present to make it a more memorable experience. his family helped make the day so special for the both of us. we did have a small audience sitting out on their deck that saw the whole thing and congratulated us with an applause.
during the week of our engagement and our vacation, brandon and i felt like we had aged a couple of years. it was like we had an" adult relationship" and we were no longer considered a teenage love.
i look forward to the engagement. it will be roughly two years so, it will give me time to enjoy it without feeling overwhelmed to plan a wedding. i also look forward to many happy years with the guy that shares my heart :)